Metro Asian News; Athletics

Athletics: Liu Xiang confident after Naitonal Games win;

Beijing, October 26,2009 - Fresh from winning his third straight national 110-metre hurdles title, China's Liu Xiang says he is hoping his injured foot is a thing of the past and that he is primed for a return to top form.

Liu powered his way to victory in Sunday night's final in front of 60,000 boisterous fans and a nationwide television audience, in his first race win since injury prevented him from running in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

"After I had surgery, I doubted myself and it was hard to see my future, but one race after another, I am gradually recovering and believing," an elated liu said in an interview with china central television.

"It's great to win the national championship three times. I am looking forward to a fourth win next time," he said, looking ahead to the next four-yearly national games in 2013.

Seja o primeiro a comentar